1890 Penny Postage Jubilee

Any topic that we don't seem to have a particular section for ...
John Davies

1890 Penny Postage Jubilee

Post by John Davies »

I am researching material in relations to the events connected with the 1890 Jubilee including the Guildhall and South Kensington Exhibtions and associated postal stationery. I would like to hear from anyone who has examples of unusual material.
In particular I would like to hear from anyone who holds examples of the "Guildhall proofs".
russell1307

Transfer from previous board: original post 160

Post by russell1307 »

John,
Dont know whether it is of interest re your query but see Ebay item 150162184635 - never seen it cancelled by a Hoster mark
Regards
Russell
Hugh Palmer

Transfer from previous board: original post 535

Post by Hugh Palmer »

John
I have acquired and propose to dispose of about ten 1890 1d blue jubilee covers and inserts; one addressed and posted to E. Jones, Putney; Five unused envelopes,(usual toning) two with 2.JY.90 South Kensington; one commemorating Uniform penny postage with various post office markings eg under paid; one uniform penny commemoration 'conveying mail in excess at over 50 miles an hour' etc (see page 178 Whitney) and a 1d pink cut square with 19 may 1890 Guildhall
John Davies

Transfer from previous board: original post 943

Post by John Davies »

It would be great to hear from any members who have examples of the Guildhall proofs in their collections or have come across these at some time. Have not had any responses for some time. can you help?