GB 1958 ½d stamp with unique watermark?

Anything to do with the small format Wilding definitives of 1952-67.
bubu

Post by bubu »

good day,i found this GB 1958 QEII 1/2d orange stamp and i can see the watermark is not tudor,st edward or multiple crown watermark on it.it is an unique watermark.the watermark is P,E and e(Elizabeth and elizabeth),inverted R(Regime) and without any crown as watermark of the stamp.i have drawed the layout of the watermark showing on last picture.it is in MNH condition and never put it into the water.is it a new discovery?if yes,whats its worth?i post some images to show you here,please enlarge them to see carefully.help is always apprieciated,thank you.
Attachments
565_1.jpg
565_2.jpg
565_3.jpg
MikeOsborne

Post by MikeOsborne »

The St Edwards Crown watermark can be difficult to make out particularly with the stamps that have solid colour in the design (such as the ½d value). The '2' in the wmk is particularly prone to this difficulty. Your drawing of the wmk has the 'E' and the 'R' inverted in relation to each other. Are you sure you have drawn it as it appears on the stamp as it seems very unlikely that this would have happened. Without a more precise representation of the wmk it is difficult to express an opinion.