GB Victoria penny RED with top part

The output of Perkins, Bacon from 1840 to 1880.
bubu

Post by bubu »

Image Image Image

Hi,I have found something very interesting in my stamp cover collection.I have an old GB letter cover with an imperforated penny red used stamp on it for more than 100 years old,the most interesting part is the stamp has an extra top part(an extra "C" character and "one penny" wording)it is so obviously to see the top part clearly.I think this is something very special and rare happend on the old penny red stamp,correct me if im wrong.I went to ebay there and seen more than 1000 of penny red stamps,none of them is exactly same like this,some of the penny red stamps with the top parts but just half of it and not so obvious like this.I have a few question below:

1.In your opinion,is this considered as variety?
2.If it is a variety stamp,does it has any special value and highly demand by collector?
3.Have you ever seen any penny black,blue or red stamp with obvious top part?
4.Do you think this stamp with the top part portion is certainly RARE?

Please answer all my questions on above,I will apprieiciate your answer and help very very much.Thank you for viewing.
asmodeus

Post by asmodeus »

Hi,

it is a "miscut" of the stamp. It is not a variety and no premium worth. Your stamp is from the 4. row of the sheet. The top part: These are the remainders of the stamp of the third row.
Attachments
766_1.jpg