Fleur de lys flaw R19/8

Material relating to the philately of the reign of George VI.
Robinr

Fleur de lys flaw R19/8

Post by Robinr »

Image Image

Dear All,

I have two seemingly identical positional blocks (3x3) of the ha'penny pale green in which the centre stamp (R19/8) shows a good flaw on the right side fleur de lys. Looking at them under a magnifying glass the flaws seem slightly different from each other.

I cannot decide whether this is natural variation, or whether perhaps the pieces are from different cylinders. The SG Four Kings I have is the 1993 edition, so I can't see whether this flaw is in the recent revised edition.

Is this a well-known flaw? Can anybody enlighten me, please?

Thanks, Robin (Caracas, Venezuela)
Robinr

Transfer from previous board: original post 1349

Post by Robinr »

Amazing! I really understand RobinT's frustration and outbursts. My first reaction to this is that nobody has an SG Four Kings they could pick up and look at to answer my simple question. Then I thought, well, of the more than 700 members who are listed as discussion boarders, nobody cares about KGVI. And the number of postings that have not had a single response in four years tends to support this idea.

Assuming SOMEBODY will read this, care to suggest how we can improve matters? The discussion board is a marvellous opportunity for members to share knowledge and experience, and all learn from each other... I'll respond if nobody else does.

Robin Restall
MikeOsborne

Transfer from previous board: original post 1376

Post by MikeOsborne »

Robin,
There is no mention of this flaw in the 13th Edition. The variation in the two scans suggests that it may be progressive and further variations could exist.
Mike