Certificates of Posting

General postal history discussions on any topics we don't have a specific category for.
Frank Walton

Certificates of Posting

Post by Frank Walton »

Does anyone know of a listing of GB Certificates of Postings? I have three or four thousand of these and have spent some happy hours sorting them all out.
The earliest ones with embossed ½d impressions are in Huggins' books, and the registered ones up to c1980 are in Mackay's Registered Mail book - but can anyone point me to a listing of the rest please? Always happy to correspond with any like-minded souls on this topic.
Frank
Frank Walton

Re: Certificates of Posting

Post by Frank Walton »

When digging into reference books a bit more deeply I uncovered Mackay's listing of Parcel Post certificates of posting. This is on pp209-218 of "The Parcel Post of the British Isles" (Mackay, Dumfries 1982).
The listing is an excellent starting point, but I've already discovered some ones that are different to those he mentioned. If anyone has any more, please get in touch.
I still am looking for a base list for certificates of posting for ordinary and recorded letters if anyone knows of one.