Disposal of a collection

bremhillbob

Disposal of a collection

Post by bremhillbob »

Hi all,

I retired a few years ago and decided to pick up my childhood hobby. I had an aim that seemed entirely sensible at the time – to collect mint and used of all the principle stamps in the SG concise catalogue. I did get a fair way forward with this but now realise what a huge task it is. In short I have boxes of material – much is possibly ‘low grade’ but I do have virtually a complete run of QEII (min and used) for example and a few nice items. On the plus side I have an example of each plate of the 1d black (except 11) (not 4 margin) a mint plate 225 red (poor condition) and a few of the rarer items.

The time has come for me to 'focus' and I think I'm moving to Revenues and Cinderellas .... hence the need to dispose of some (or all) of my 'postage' material. This would include reference material and albums etc.

What I'd be keen to do is to have a good chat with someone (or a few people) who might be interested in purchasing the entire collection - I'd not be so keen to part with just the 'choice' items. I'd like to think I'm realistic about achievable prices and realise (for example) that most QEII would be worth far more as postage.

Is there anyone out there who would be interested? (especially people in the Bristol/Chippenham/Swindon area?)
GBMAJORERRORS

Re: Disposal of a collection

Post by GBMAJORERRORS »

Hi,

How are you? I am at present selling My QEII major Error Collection, but I might be interested in your postage collection, what are you asking for your collection.

I am in Essex but can travel to see it if it is in my range as I would want to sell it at a profit, and quickly.

Regards