The Lord Roberts Memorial Fund Stamps

Any topic that we don't seem to have a particular section for ...
MJT

The Lord Roberts Memorial Fund Stamps

Post by MJT »

I plan to undertake research in the stamps (and special albums) produced in 1915-1917 to raise money for the Lord Roberts Memorial Fund .
The idea of the fund was to help ex solders and wounded solders from the great war conflict.
There were special albums produced and 2 series of stamps.
My plan is to research the background and produce lists of both the series of stamps,to write a article on this for the Journal and to generaly raise awareness of this fund in the centenery year of the start of the Great War.

If any members have any information relating to these stamps, i would be delighted to hear from them.
admin
Site Admin

Re: The Lord Roberts Memorial Fund Stamps

Post by admin »

Hi MJT -- couple of suggestions:

1. Could you post a few scans to give people an idea of what to look for?

2. The Cinderella Stamp Club (http://www.cinderellastampclub.org.uk) might well be interested in this -- indeed, may have members who also study these items. We have a joint meeting with them on 29th March 2014 with members' displays, so if you can get there it might be worth bringing along a frame or two?
MJT

Post by MJT »

Thanks for your input, i will scan some images from my collection in the next few days, i had already planned to attend the joint meeting on 29th March, and will bring my collection with me as a possible discusion point.
MJT

Post by MJT »

Saned image of one of the pages showing the stamps in question to illustrate my discussion point.
Thanks
Attachments
lord roberts.jpg
bremhillbob

Post by bremhillbob »

Hi MJT

I've just found these and wondered how far you got on your quest?

I don't know very much about them (yet) but would be keen to find out.