RM Philatelic Buletin publication: 1985/86 Special Stamps

Requests for items needed for by a member for their collection, whether specific or general.
norvic

RM Philatelic Buletin publication: 1985/86 Special Stamps

Post by norvic »

A customer has asked if I can supply or copy The Philatelic Bureau publication "1985/1986 British Special Stamps".

I don't have any older Bulletins now or other publications, so if anybody can root this out he would be grateful. Please contact me direct as well as here - ian [@] norphil-dot-co-dot-uk

I don't think he's a customer and I doubt that he is a member of GBPS or MBPC but that shouldn't stop us helping with a scan before he passes:
Along with my collection I also have a complete run of Philatelic Bulletins (Volumes 1-59). I have used the articles by James Watson and Francis Kennedy which appeared in the Bulletin (1974-1992) to write up my collection covering the years to 1984. The Philatelic Bureau subsequently issued a publication "1985/1986 British Special Stamps" to cover the issues of those two years.

I have been diagnosed with terminal cancer and would dearly love to complete writing up the earlier years of my collection from the above mentioned articles before I pass my collection on to my granddaughter. I had a copy of "1985/1986 British Special Stamps" but it suffered some very serious water damage making it largely illegible.

I am wondering if you, or someone that you know, may have a copy of the publication and might be willing to scan me a copy of its pages. I would, of course, be more than willing to meet any expenses involved. It would mean so much to me to be able to bring my notes up to date before I pass on the collection.
Thank you
admin
Site Admin

Re: RM Philatelic Buletin publication: 1985/86 Special Stamps

Post by admin »

Sorry, Ian -- I was supplied with publications 3-15, but they start at 1996.
norvic

Re: RM Philatelic Buletin publication: 1985/86 Special Stamps

Post by norvic »

I have managed to satisfy the enquiry. Thanks to anybody who looked for the publication.