Recommendations for Scottish Numeral Postmarks Reference

Material relating to the philately of the reign of Queen Victoria.
JWorek

Recommendations for Scottish Numeral Postmarks Reference

Post by JWorek »

The Barred Numeral Cancellations of England and Wales has been my constant companion for years but I've gradually been developing my collection of Scottish and Irish cancels and have some mysteries that require proof book or other illustrations. I've just purchased S.D. Challis' Irish Diamonds based on the book review in the last GBPS Newsletter but would love recommendations for an equivalent reference for Scotland that could help me in that field.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Recommendations for Scottish Numeral Postmarks Reference

Post by admin »

This has been asked in the postal history section as well:

https://www.gbps.org.uk/boards/viewtopic.php?t=1946

Scotland has been rather left out, unfortunately -- the published references are somewhat old and only available second-hand now.
Galveston

Re: Recommendations for Scottish Numeral Postmarks Reference

Post by Galveston »

JWorek wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 9:14 pm The Barred Numeral Cancellations of England and Wales has been my constant companion for years but I've gradually been developing my collection of Scottish and Irish cancels and have some mysteries that require proof book or other illustrations. I've just purchased S.D. Challis' Irish Diamonds based on the book review in the last GBPS Newsletter but would love recommendations for an equivalent reference for Scotland that could help me in that field.
I know this is an old post, but here is a link that you can try to see if you get a reply: From a post of mine that was answered on another site. “For anyone looking, the website of the Scottish Postal History Society is found at:” sphs.org.uk

I tried twice to the literature rep., but got no reply unfortunately. I wanted the cd set.

Scottish Post on Disc: http://www.sphs.org.uk/index_files/scottishpost.html
Keep On Stamping