Help with Cancel

British postmarks of all kinds and eras.
Galveston

Help with Cancel

Post by Galveston »

So Im new to this area and was hoping for some help. The attached cancel I think is 1844C Leeds Sept. '45, yes? Having a little trouble deciphering the number and thickness of lines. Confirmation / help appreciated. William

Leeds 1844C ?
Leeds 1844C ?
Keep On Stamping
Mike Jackson
Site Admin

Re: Help with Cancel

Post by Mike Jackson »

Hi William,
Yes, the Leeds 447 1844C dated SEPT1845 in Parmenter (Vol. 6, p. 152) looks correct, and consistent with a Plate 61 stamp (put to press in Aug. 1845), which is what I believe your stamp is.
Galveston

Post by Galveston »

Mike Jackson wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 1:15 pm Hi William,
Yes, the Leeds 447 1844C dated SEPT1845 in Parmenter (Vol. 6, p. 152) looks correct, and consistent with a Plate 61 stamp (put to press in Aug. 1845), which is what I believe your stamp is.
Thank you. As an aside, do you this website ? And I was wondering if this book might be known to you and if you know if it would be offered for sale at GBPS?

IMG_1245.jpeg
Keep On Stamping
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The Rossiter Trust are independent -- they were left a sum in Stuart's Rossiter's will to publish books on worldwide postal history topics. We don't have any special relationship with them that would let us sell their books.

(This one had a review in a recent newsletter as I recall -- so we have a copy in the library.)
Galveston

Post by Galveston »

admin wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 8:10 pm The Rossiter Trust are independent -- they were left a sum in Stuart's Rossiter's will to publish books on worldwide postal history topics. We don't have any special relationship with them that would let us sell their books.

(This one had a review in a recent newsletter as I recall -- so we have a copy in the library.)
ok. just checking as I filled out a form on their site but got no reply.
Keep On Stamping